image
Babri demolition : Court frames conspiracy charges against Advani, Uma Bharti and others
Lucknow, May 30 (IBNS) : A CBI special court in Lucknow on Tuesday framed charges of conspiracy against veteran BJP leader LK Advani and eleven other accused after rejecting the discharge petition in which the accused claimed that they were not guilty in the 1992 Babri mosque demolition, reports said.
The date for the trial to begin is yet to be announced.
Besides Advani, 89, the other accused include Union Minister Uma Bharti, Murli Manohar Joshi, Vinay Katiyar, VHP’s Vishnu Hari Dalmia, Ram Vilas Vedanto, Sadhvi Ritambara, Mahant Nritya Gopaldas, Mahant Dharamdas, Champat Rai and Satish Pradhan-all representing either the BJP or some Hindu religious organisation.
Earlier, the court had granted the accused bail personal bond of Rs. 50,000 each.
The leaders were summoned to the court to frame charges against them.
They had pleaded with the court to exempt them from personal appearance but the court denied their request on May 25.
However, according to reports, after the trial begins, Advani will not have to make personal appearance on every occasion.
This was the first time they appeared before the court after the apex court quashed the Allahabad High Court judgement that had dropped charges of criminal conspiracy against them.
Apart from Advani, all other accused also appeared before the court.
The Supreme Court had last month allowed restoration of conspiracy charges against the BJP leaders, making them to face trial.
Before being implicated in conspiracy behind the demolition of Babri masjid, these leaders were only facing a trial for making provocative speeches from a platform near the mosque before it was pulled down by the volunteers owing allegiance to Hindutva forces.preme Court has asked the special court to frame fresh charges against Advani and a dozen other leaders within one month and deliver its verdict within two years.
Apart from Advani, all other accused also appeared before the court.
The Supreme Court had last month allowed restoration of conspiracy charges against the BJP leaders, making them to face trial.
Before being implicated in conspiracy behind the demolition of Babri masjid, these leaders were only facing a trial for making provocative speeches from a platform near the mosque before it was pulled down by the volunteers owing allegiance to Hindutva forces.preme Court has asked the special court to frame fresh charges against Advani and a dozen other leaders within one month and deliver its verdict within two years.
Top Headlines
-
News
'Heard India will be dropping its tariffs substantially': Donald Trump ahead of announcing reciprocal tariff
April 01, 2025
-
News
Israel Defense Forces says senior Hezbollah official Hassan Ali Mahmoud Bdeir eliminated
April 01, 2025
-
News
Red Cross 'outraged' by deaths of eight medics in Gaza
March 31, 2025
-
News
More than 150 killed, hundreds injured as 6 earthquakes devastate Myanmar, tremors felt in Bangkok
March 28, 2025
-
News
'Now it's our turn': Vladimir Putin accepts Narendra Modi's invitation to visit India
March 27, 2025
-
News
Canada Polls: Khalistani critic Chandra Arya barred from running under Liberal Party's banner over alleged 'India' ties
March 26, 2025
-
News
Oscar-winning Palestinian filmmaker Hamdan Ballal attacked, arrested In West Bank, claims co-directors
March 25, 2025
-
News
'I have a very good relationship with India but they're one of the highest tariffing nations': Donald Trump
March 20, 2025
-
News
Donald Trump will back Volodymyr Zelenskyy get more air defence from Europe: White House
March 19, 2025
-
News
Donald Trump, Vladimir Putin discuss ways to end Ukraine war in a two-hour call
March 18, 2025