USA successfully destroys mock ICBM, calls it a milestone programme
Washington, May 31 (IBNS): A US interceptor rocket successfully took down a mock intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) on Tuesday afternoon over the Pacific Ocean, the Pentagon said.
The test was conducted in order to check if the US interceptor rockets are ready to do a similar thing if North Korea decides to attack the former.
Happy with the results, Vice Adm. James D. Syring said that the test "demonstrates that we have a capable, credible deterrent against a very real threat."
He also hailed the test as a "critical milestone for this program.”
So far the North Korea hasn't conducted a test on missile that could reach the US.
However, the reclusive nation has made umpteen threats of taking down America.
North Korea's activities have also kept China, Japan and South Korea on its toes.
Top Headlines
-
News
PM Modi to inaugurate new Pamban Rail Bridge, connecting Rameswaram to mainland, today
April 06, 2025
-
News
Thousands hit streets across US to protest against Donald Trump's divisive policies
April 06, 2025
-
News
Avoid rhetoric that vitiates environment: Modi urges Yunus during Bangkok meeting
April 04, 2025
-
News
'Heard India will be dropping its tariffs substantially': Donald Trump ahead of announcing reciprocal tariff
April 01, 2025
-
News
Israel Defense Forces says senior Hezbollah official Hassan Ali Mahmoud Bdeir eliminated
April 01, 2025
-
News
Red Cross 'outraged' by deaths of eight medics in Gaza
March 31, 2025
-
News
More than 150 killed, hundreds injured as 6 earthquakes devastate Myanmar, tremors felt in Bangkok
March 28, 2025
-
News
'Now it's our turn': Vladimir Putin accepts Narendra Modi's invitation to visit India
March 27, 2025
-
News
Canada Polls: Khalistani critic Chandra Arya barred from running under Liberal Party's banner over alleged 'India' ties
March 26, 2025
-
News
Oscar-winning Palestinian filmmaker Hamdan Ballal attacked, arrested In West Bank, claims co-directors
March 25, 2025